CAIRO (AP) — The Hamas militant group said Saturday it has accepted a new Gaza ceasefire proposal from mediators Egypt and Qatar, but Israel said it has made a counter-proposal in “full coordination” with the third mediator, the United States.
The attack in the southern outskirts of the Lebanese capital, an area where Hezbollah holds sway, followed rocket fire toward northern Israel.
The second was Israel’s history of decision-making, particularly when it comes to Palestinians: Phased deals don’t usually work. Case in point is the phased, conditional Oslo peace process during the 1990s that Palestinians saw as a path to an eventual Palestinian state and a permanent end to the conflict, neither of which materialized.
6don MSN
Israel has launched an attack on the Lebanese capital Beirut for the first time since a ceasefire ended the latest Israel-Hezbollah war in November.
10don MSN
Israel denied it was given any new proposed peace deal by Egyptian negotiators Monday, even as Hamas said its leaders had “responded positively’’ to the plan. The proposed deal would involve the Palestinian terror group releasing five hostages,
Israel’s military struck Beirut for the first time since a ceasefire between the country and the Lebanon-based Hezbollah militant group started in November.
Explore more
Israel's expanded offensive in Gaza continued over the weekend as it tries to pressure Hamas to release the remaining hostages.
Israel launched retaliatory strikes against Lebanon amid a shaky ceasefire with the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah brokered late last year, according to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). The