Red Sox need Sam Kennedy to stop talking
Digest more
Boston Red Sox relief pitcher Garrett Whitlock says he was fueled by his playoff failures to change his conditioning routine.
Though Kennedy noted examples of the Red Sox’s financial commitments after shedding Devers’ contract, the team did also cut costs this winter. It lost third baseman Alex Bregman to a new deal from the Chicago Cubs and long-time outfielder Rob Refsnyder to one from the Seattle Mariners.
Isiah Kiner-Falefa stoked tensions in the heated American League East by taking a shot at his former team. A week after signing a one-year deal with the Red Sox, the ex-Yankees utilityman said he and his former Blue Jays teammates were rooting for New York to beat Boston in last year’s wild-card round to receive an “easier matchup” in the Division Series,
New England Sports Network (NESN) on MSN
Red Sox veterans did this to avoid odd spring training arrivals
If you’ve been paying attention to the start of spring training, you’ll have noticed an odd trend continuing across Major League Baseball. Christian Arroyo arrived to his first camp with the New York Mets using an equipment bag from his days with the Boston Red Sox.
Falefa, one of the most recent additions to the Boston Red Sox, was "happy" he and the Toronto Blue Jays didn't have to face his new team in the postseason last year.
The Boston Red Sox have a big decision to make when it comes to the veteran.
His comments ended up going viral. Even Yankees GM Brian Cashman was asked about them during the Winter Meetings. Cashman told reporters that Gray’s account represented some revisionist history. He said Gray had previously told him he lied about wanting to be traded to New York.
The New York Yankees claimed former Boston Red Sox reliever Kaleb Ort off waivers from the Astros on Friday. The 33-year-old, who pitched for the Red Sox from 2021-23, spent 2024-25 with Houston where he posted a 4.08 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 71 outings.
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - JANUARY 21: Ranger Suárez #55 of the Boston Red Sox speaks during a press conference announcing his contract agreement with the Boston Red Sox on January 21, 2026 at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Maddie Malhotra ...